This listing is not for the faint of heart....these are the HOLY GRAILS of Rock and Roll!
All five original Elvis Presley SUN label 45's and all in Near Mint condition!
You will see REPRODUCTIONS, BOOTLEGS ETC. all over eBay..... You will see used copies with beat up labels and trashed, barely playable copies for sale on a weekly basis. eBay has proven that Elvis Sun label 45's are not at all as rare as once believed....
BUT.... you will look long and hard to find Near Mint copies of ANY of the five Elvis Sun labels and to get all five of them in Near Mint shape will take you quite some time and effort and looking and money. Used copies are for sale everywhere, most all the time---copies like THESE are rarely for sale and almost never as a full set.
So, what I offer here is one of the finest complete sets of original Elvis Presley Sun label 45's known to exist! Your questions are welcome but please read the entire description first as there is a LOT of information there already.
These were obtained by me a few years back from a personal friend of 1940's and 50's Country Musician Wilf Carter, known professionally as Montana Slim. This man lived in Florida and played host to many, many Country singers in the 1950's and 60's as they came through Florida on their concert tours. The singers would stay in his house and many times leave behind their latest records for the man to add to his growing collection. How the Elvis records got there I don't know as he was 100% into Country music and didn't care for Rock and Roll at all. But that is good in this case, because it means he did not PLAY the Elvis records. He simply stored them.
Here we go with the individual grades:
1. Sun # 209, the very first Elvis 45, "That's All Right, Mama" backed with "Blue Moon Of Kentucky": The A side label is in flawless MINT condition. The B side label has just a tiny bit of"flaking" near the center hole as shown in the photos. The vinyl is Near Mint with the only flaw being one small fingernail scuff on the A side. A beautiful copy that would be near impossible to duplicate. Probably unplayed!
2. Sun # 210 "Good Rockin' Tonight" backed with "I Don't Care If The Sun Don't Shine": The labels are flawless MINT CONDITION. The vinyl is MINT condition with the only flaw being a very tiny, hard to spot storage warp, which does not affect the play in any way. Another beautiful copy that would be near impossible to duplicate. Probably unplayed!
3. Sun # 215 "Milkcow Blues Boogie" backed with "You're Heartbreaker" : A side label has just a tiny bit of "flaking" near the center hole as shown in my photos. B side label is flawless. The VINYL is in MINT condition with no flaws whatsoever. Would be near impossible to duplicate in this kind of condition and again, probably unplayed!
4. Sun # 217 "Baby Let's Play House" backed with "I'm Left, You're Right, She's Gone": Both labels are FLAWLESS. Vinyl has one small paper scuff and would grade at Near Mint. Would be near impossible to find another in this kind of condition. Probably unplayed!
5. Sun # 223 "Mystery Train" backed with "I Forgot To Remember To Forget" : labels are flawless Mint! Vinyl is Near Mint with just a tiny paper scuff on the B side. Probably unplayed.
The first four do indeed have the correct "push marks" into the label that prove they are originals. "Mystery Train" never came that way, but is guaranteed to be original as well.
Dead wax information is as follows:
Sun 209: U-128-45 and then a smaller 72 slightly raised above and separated from the other numbers. B side reads U-129-45 and then the smaller 72
Sun 210: U-131-45 and then the smaller 72 slightly raised above and separated from the other numbers. B side reads U-130-45 and then the smaller 72
Sun 215: U-140-45 and then the smaller 72 slightly raised above and separated from the other numbers. B side reads U-41-45 and then the smaller 72
Sun 217: U-143x-45-2 and then the smaller 72 slightly raised above and separated from the other numbers. B side reads U-142-45 and then the smaller 72
Sun 223: 45-U-156x and then a smaller 20 slightly raised above and separated from the other numbers. B side reads 45-U-157x and then the smaller 20
These are indeed stone cold originals and the very finest you will ever see! To find ONE in this kind of condition will be tough---to find all five like this, near impossible.
I have been collecting and dealing in very rare records for over 40 years. I know my stuff and I am a TOUGH grader.
These are NOT cheap.....they are not meant to be cheap. These are WORLD CLASS RECORDS for a World Class Record Collection. This set is fairly priced, given the condition and desirability of these records. I sold a similar set a couple years ago for $35,000.00 That set was the finest in the world, with all five records in stone Mint condition. Those were so nice that RCA in London had me make a copy for them to use for a re-issue CD because they now longer have the original Sun master tapes and had to go from the finest pressed copies that exist. Those were my copies. This set I am offering here is just SLIGHTLY less than that one but still could be the second best set that exists.
You could spend years trying to duplicate this set and you might come close, but you would be hard-pressed to match or beat thisset. You might be able to buy all five of them, individually, for less money...but you will spend years of time and effort to acquire them and probably will not match the condition.
This set is for the serious collector who wants to have the best and acquire it all at one time without spending years trying to piece it together. Serous offers will be considered. See our ebay ME page for contact info.