WE CURRENTLY HAVE LISTED ITEMS
► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►
· THE BEATLES – THE BEATLES COLLECTION (A 14-LP/13-ALBUM BOX SET) - EMI/Parlophone STEREO LP SET BC-13 – ULTRA-RARE ORIGINAL 1978 AMERICAN RELEASE (THIS IS NOT A SWEDISH OR AUSTRALIAN MADE-FOR-EXPORT PRESSING)
· ORIGINAL U.K. PRESSING ( PLEASE NOTE : WHILE THIS IS TECHNICALLY THE AMERICAN RELEASE, ALL INDIVIDUAL VOLUMES IN THIS SET - WITH A SPECIFIC EXCEPTION OF 'RARITIES - WERE PRESSED AND IMPORTED FROM GREAT BRITAIN AND ARE BRITISH-MADE (AS SPECIFICALLY NOTED ON THE 'UNION JACK' STICKERS AFFIXED TO EACH STILL SEALED ALBUM)
*** INSANELY RARE GUARANTEED ORIGINAL FIRST PRESSING (STILL IN ITS ORIGINAL CAPITOL SHIPPING BOX!!! - TOTALLY UNTOUCHED BY HUMAN HAND IN ALMOST 43 YEARS ***
THE BOX COMES IN ITS ORIGINAL EMI-CAPITOL SHIPPING BOX! APPARENTLY, THE ORIGNAL OWNER NEVER BOTHERED TO TOUCH THE SET AGAIN AFTER OPENING THE SHIPPING CONTAINER!
· IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT THE 'RARITIES' VOLUME INCLUDED IN THIS SET: AT THE TIME OF THIS BOX'S RELEASE (1978), THE AMERICAN VERSION OF THE 'RARITIES' HAD NOT BEEN RELEASED YET, ALTHOUGH PROMOTIONAL-ONLY COPIES OF THE FIRST DRAFT OF THE ORIGINAL - LATER WITHDRAWN - VERSION (CAPITOL SPRO-8969) WERE MADE AND HANDED OUT TO INDUSTRY PROFESSIONALS. THIS, AMERICAN, VERSION OF THE 'BLUE BOX' COMES WITH THIS, WITHDRAWN, VERSION OF THE 'RARITIES'; THE COPY YOU GET HERE IS ABOUT AS CLOSE TO THE FINAL, NEVER MADE, UNRELEASED U.S. VERSION OF THE ALBUM
· The U.S. Rarities (Capitol SPRO 8969 --again, the copy included with this set), contained two mistakes. For some unknown reason, Sie Liebt Dich and Komm, Gib Mir Deine Hand were replaced with the not-too-rare English versions of She Loves You and I Want To Hold Your Hand. The album became a much sought-after collector's item not only because just 3,000 copies were pressed, but also because it contained the first American release of the original version of Across The Universe. This version (included here) of the Rarities volume is SIGNIFICANTLY different from the later, commercially released version RARITIES (March 24, 1980 - Capitol SHAL 12060), which is a selection of fifteen tracks that were either 1) never released by Capitol Records before, 2) alternate takes and mixes never available in the United States before, or 3) tracks never issued on an American album until then.
· GUARANTEED ORIGINAL BLACK, SILVER AND WHITE PARLOPHONE LABELS WITH TWO (2) EMI BOXES ON THE LABEL (THIS IS THE ORIGINAL PRESSING, NOT A REISSUE) ; THE RARITIES SET COMES WITH A DISTINCT, U.S. PURPLE CAPITOL LABEL
· ONLY AMERICAN
· BETWEEN THESE 13 LP ALBUMS, THIS BOX SET CONTAINS VIRTUALLY THE ENTIRE RECORDED BEATLES STUDIO OUTPUT 1962-1970; ONLY THE SCATTERED SINGLES, B-SIDES AND 'MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR' ARE MISSING (PLEASE SEE THE NOTE BELOW)
· ALL ALBUMS COME WITH THEIR RESPECTIVE EXTRAS (‘SGT. PEPPER’ AND ‘WHITE ALBUM’) COME WITH THEIR ORIGINAL INSERTS: SGT. PEPPER CUTOUT INSERT (FOUND IN SGT. PEPPER) IS BELIEVED INCLUDED, AND FOUR BONUS COLOR PHOTOS WITH A LARGE POSTER (FOUND IN THE ‘WHITE ALBUM); THE VERSION OF THE WHITE ALBUM POSTER INCLUDED HERE IS GUARANTEED TO BE HISTORICALLY ACURATE ‘UNCENSORED’ UK VERSION, NOT THE “NEUTERED” AMERICAN VERSION; THE 'WHITE ALBUM' IS EMBOSSED (THE TITLE IS 'RAISED') BUT NOT INDIVIDUALLY NUMBERED.
· ALL ALBUMS IN THIS BOX ARE BRITISH VERSIONS (NOT AMERICAN); WHEREVER A PARTICULAR ALBUM WAS ISSUED ON BOTH SIDES OF THE ATLANTIC WITH IDENTICAL TITLE, IT IS FEATURED HERE IN BRITISH VERSION, WITH BRITISH MIXES AND BRITISH TRACK SEQUENCE (‘ A HARD DAY’S NIGHT’, ‘HELP’, ‘RUBBER SOUL’ AND ‘REVOLVER’
· THIS IS THE ORIGINAL, AUTHENTIC, FIRST U.S. RELEASE / U.K. PRESSING; THIS IS NOT A REISSUE, AN IMPORT, OR A COUNTERFEIT PRESSING
· ORIGINAL, 2.½-INCH THICK CARDBOARD BOX
· ORIGINAL "TEXTURED" (LEATHER-LIKE) SLIPCASE (BOX)
· COVER HAS TWO (2) NIFTY 'HYPE' (ADVERTISEMENT) STICKER STILL AFFIXED TO THE SHRINK WRAP (ONE ON EACH SIDE).
· GUARANTEED ORIGINAL HISTORICALLY ACCURATE, GLOSSY, LIGHTLY LAMINATED INDIVIDUAL JACKETS (ALL BEATLES COVERS UP TO AND INCLUDING 'SGT. PEPPER' ARE LAMINATED; THE REMAINING FOUR: WHITE ALBUM, YELLOW SUBMARINE, ABBEY ROAD AND LET IT BE' ARE MERELY GLOSSY, BUT NOT HEAVILY LAMINATED)
· FROM OUR PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE: FAIRLY THICK VINYL PRESSING On the scale from 1 to 10 (1 being the least, and 10 being the most severe), we assess the thickness of the vinyl as 7.
· ALL ORIGINAL ANALOG PRESSINGS
( ► PLEASE SEE THE IMAGE OF THE COVERS, LABELS OR BOTH, SHOWN BELOW)
(Note: this is a REAL image of the ACTUAL item you are bidding on. This is NOT a " recycled " image from our previous auction. What you see is what you ' ll get. GUARANTEED!)
The Beatles Collection is a boxed set of vinyl albums released in the United States in November 1978 and the following month in the United Kingdom containing the official catalogue of The Beatles in stereo, and a new compilation called Rarities. The American issue by Capitol Records contained the British pressings of the same 12 original Beatles albums, with an American pressing of Rarities. The American pressing of Rarities differed from its British counterpart in that it included the previously released English-language versions of "She Loves You" and "I Want to Hold Your Hand," rather than the German-language version found on the British pressing. The American edition of the boxed set was a limited edition of only 3,000 numbered copies. The limited availability of the American release resulted in the British release becoming popular as an import into the US.
The boxed set did not include some of Beatles recordings, including those released on the Magical Mystery Tour album. The album had been released in the United States in 1967, but it was not counted among the group's official catalogue because it was not issued in the United Kingdom until 1976. The collection also failed to include the non-album singles that had been previously released on the twin compilation packages, 1962–1966 and 1967–1970.
Along with the LPs listed below with their sleeves, the collection also include the inserts contained in the individual albums including the cardboard cutout sheet in Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band and the photos and poster in The Beatles.
Audiophile company Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab released a similar boxed set in 1981 called The Beatles: The Collection consisting of the 12 British versions of the albums (Rarities was not included, but Magical Mystery Tour was), pressed off the original Abbey Road studio master tapes (except for MMT) using a technique called "Half Speed Mastering" and pressed on Japanese "virgin" vinyl. The set was highly acclaimed for its sonic accuracy and only approximately 25,000 were released. In this case, the actual covers for each album was a photo of the studio master tape along with the engineer's log sheet. The original album covers were put together in a full-sized booklet.
A set of the Beatles' twelve British studio albums (THE COMPLETE STUDIO DISCOGRAPHY, MINUS NON-ALBUM SINGLES) plus one additional record Rarities of selected tracks many of which had never been issued on any U.S. LP before. All albums were pressed on their original labels (EMI/Parlophone or Apple) and with their original catalog numbers. All records were packaged in their original covers and with their original enclosures (Sgt. Pepper's cut-out sheet The Beatles four glossies and one poster.) The LPs are encased in a blue textured cardboard box with a fold-open top. The set's title and facsimiles of the Beatles autographs were embossed on the front of the box in gold lettering. The set containes:
· 1 - Please Please Me
· 2 - With The Beatles
· 3 - A Hard Day's Night
· 4 - Beatles For Sale
· 5 - Help!
· 6 - Rubber Soul
· 7 – Revolver
· 8 - Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
· 9 - The Beatles (White Album)
· 10 - Yellow Submarine
· 11 - Abbey Road
· 12 - Let It Be
· 13 – Rarities
· PLEASE NOTE: YOU MAY NOTICE THAT ‘MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR’ IS MISSING. THIS IS NOT BECAUSE THIS SET IS INCOMPLETE (ALL VOLUMES ARE INCLUDED HERE, NOTHING IS MISSING) BUT BECAUSE MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR WAS NOT ORIGINALLY ISSUED IN THE GREAT BRITAIN AS A 12-INCH LP ALBUM UNTIL MANY YEARS LATER (IT WAS ORIGINALLY RELEASED AS A DOUBLE EP), SO ITS INCLUSION IN THE BEATLES LP COLLECTION WAS APPARENTLY CONSIDERED TO BE OUT OF PLACE, PROMPTING EMI/PARLOPHONE NOT TO INCLUDE IT IN THIS SET.
TO SEE IF WE HAVE OTHER LISTED ITEMS BY THIS GROUP OR ARTIST ►
· THE RECORDS
(IMPORTANT NOTE: unless otherwise noted, ALL records are graded visually, and NOT play-graded!; we grade records under the strong, diffuse room light or discrete sunlight)
(a) THE BOX IS STILL FACTORY SEALED AND THE RECORDS ARE BELIEVED TO BE PERFECTLY MINT. Please note: sealed items are assumed to be mint and are sold as-is, as we have no way of inspecting them. For our policy on still sealed records ►.
(b) The records are apparently pressed on a RELATIVELY thick, inflexible vinyl. This is NOT a thin, flimsy ('dynaflex' type), vinyl, but not the thickest, most rigid vinyl, either.
(c) All records are guaranteed to come in their original UK stock inner sleeves
(d) Of course, this is a full-bodied ANALOG recording, and not an inferior, digital recording!!!
(e) All bonuses and extras ARE included. For example, Sgt. Pepper should come with its original cutout insert. The White Album does have BOTH poster AND the four bonus photos (we can see the poster tucked into the still sealed album, while the photos are attached as a separate insert to the set).. The only thing we BELIEVE is missing is Sgt. Pepper’s custom “psychedelic” inner sleeve, which we understand was NOT originally included in the original package for some reason.
· THE BOX (THE LEATHER-LIKE, TEXTURED 2-INCH THICK CARDBOARD BOX WITH THE 'FLIP' LID)
THE BOX IS STRONG NEAR MINT, STILL SEALED AND COVERED IN ITS ORIGINAL ►SHRINK WRAP
- The front of the box has a razor-like line (cut), apparently from careless opening of the original shipping box with a sharp object. This is barely visible and is only a minor visual distraction; NO PART OF THE TEXTURED LINING IS MISSING
POSTAGE & SHIPPING :
We offer THREE postage rates for both Domestic and International Mail: Media Mail, Priority Mail and Express Mail for domestic, and First Class, Priority International Mail, and Express International Mail for international orders. INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMERS PLEASE NOTE: WE RECOMMEND (BUT DO NOT INSIST) that you select USPS International Priority Mail OR International Express mail when making a payment.
INTERNATIONAL POSTAGE rates vary from one region of the world to another. For SPECIFIC international and domestic postage rates ► . While you can be rest assured that our packaging is careful, sturdy and impact-proof, please note that damage, loss or theft in transit is always possible, and in the case of some countries even PROBABLE. To discuss this potential problem and ensure flawless delivery, please contact us thru eBay BEFORE placing a bid.
WANT A DISCOUNT ?!?
IT’S EASY: CLICK ► TO see HOW!
(please note recent changes in our policy)
FOR OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION, CLICK ON THE LINKS BELOW:
► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►
OUR REFUND POLICY :
WE OFFER UNCONDITIONAL MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE WITHIN 30 DAYS FROM THE RECEIPT OF THE MERCHANDISE, NO QUESTIONS ASKED; Still sealed items MUST be returned sealed in order to be eligible for a refund Some restrictions apply. Please read our complete refund policy before placing a bid. ► for the full text of our policy
FINE (BUT IMPORTANT!) PRINT
(1) The year indicated in the title bar is the year of the original release, NOT necessarily the year of the actual pressing; for the actual generation of the pressing, please see our item description (top section, text in red letters). (2) Please do NOT bid based on the title bar, subtitle bar or item specifics box alone; instead, please read the entire description and grading before bidding; (3) Absolutely NO order cancellations after the auction closes. ever, under any circumstances. We can ONLY cancel bids before the item closes. (4) We are unable to cancel bids in the final 12 hours of the auction; if you need to do so, please contact eBay for help (5) We are unable to provide matrix-, stamper- or other pressing information in the final 24 hours of the auction. If you require this information, please contact us well before the final day of the auction. (6) Yes, we DO combine shipments. Please click on "Shipping and Payment" tab on top of the auction page for additional details. (7) All Paypal payments must be made from confirmed Paypal shipping addresses. NO third party shipping addresses will be honored (8) Absolutely NO partial refunds: if you are unhappy with the merchandise you received, please return it for a full refund, postage included (9). Civilized people can disagree without accusing each other of being indecent or dishonest; if you need proof of this seller's personal integrity, please check our eBay feedback, which speaks for itself (10) All disagreements and miscommunications can be - and will only be - solved in a civil and mutually respectful manner; please avoid puerile, offensive, abrasive or menacing language (attempted humor is fine and usually appreciated, although overused-to-death sarcasms can be really, really tedious. (11) This seller will accommodate all reasonable requests and is generally a flexible and agreeable person (12) Our love & appreciation for your trust, loyalty and business, always and forever; Thank You & Good Night!
© 2001,2007 MDJ. All rights reserved.