WE CURRENTLY HAVE LISTED ITEMS
► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►
· THE BEATLES - THE SAME-TITLED 1968 DOUBLE ALBUM, AFFECTIONATELY KNOWN AS "THE WHITE ALBUM" - ORIGINAL BRITISH STEREO PRESSING - ORIGINAL 1968 APPLE RECORDS (UK) STEREO 2-LP SET (DOUBLE ALBUM) PCS 7067/8 WITH SERIAL NUMBER EMBOSSED AND “RAISED” LETTERS IN THE ALBUM TITLE (“THE BEATLES”)
· ORIGINAL BRITISH PRESSING
*** INSANELY RARE FIRST BATCH PRESSING EXTREMELY LOW SERIALLY NUMBERED AT 0000029!!! AS EVERY BEATLES COLLECTOR SHOULD KNOW BY NOW, ANY COPY OF THIS ALBUM NUMBERED BELOW 0000050 IS A PROVERBIAL HOLY GRAIL IN THE RECORD-COLLECTING HOBBY! THE BEATLES LP ALBUMS TRULY DO NOT GET ANY RARER THAN THIS ***
· The first 100 copies of this legendary album - which many believe to be the Group's finest work - were given to the group, support and staff (Ringo Starr got No. 1 Paul McCartney got No. 7 and John Lennon is believed to have received No.2 ) so the likelihood of numbers below 0000100 turning up for sale is extraordinarily low.
· This record was made on the very first day of pressings, 22nd November 1968, there are only another 28 worldwide, with an earlier number than this one. This is probably the only time you will ever again see a White Album with such a low number as this appearing on Ebay. A once in a lifetime opportunity to acquire a seriously rare collectors item.
· THE ALBUM INCLUDES ALL FOUR PHOTOS OF THE BEATLES, AND ALSO INCLUDES THE LARGE, ORIGINAL POSTER
· CLICK HERE
· ORIGINAL APPLE LABEL (WHOLE APPLE ON ONE SIDE, SLICED ON THE OTHER) AND WITH THE PHRASE “SOLD IN U.K. SUBJECT TO RETAIL PRICE” (etc.) APPEARING ABOVE THE SPINDLE HOLE
· ORIGINAL, THIN CARDBOARD COVER (EUROPEAN STYLE)
· ORIGINAL LAMINATED COVER
· ORIGINAL “TOP-LOADER” COVER (RECORDS ARE INSERTED AND TAKEN OUT FROM THE TOP OF THE COVER)
· INCLUDES ORIGINAL, CUSTOM INNER SLEEVES, UNIQUE TO THIS TITLE.
· CLEAN, WEAR-FREE LABELS
· THICK, HEAVY VINYL PRESSING
· MACHINE-STAMPED MATRIX NUMBER IN TRAIL-OFF VINYL (DEAD WAX) OF THE RECORD
· MATRIX NUMBER IN TRAIL-OFF VINYL (DEAD WAX) ENDS WITH '-1…'. ON SOME LABELS, SUFFIX '–1' DENOTES THE VERY FIRST, ORIGINAL PRESSING)
( ► PLEASE SEE THE IMAGE OF THE COVER, LABEL OR BOTH, SHOWN BELOW)
(Note: this is a REAL image of the ACTUAL item you are bidding on. This is NOT a " recycled " image from our previous auction. What you see is what you ' ll get. GUARANTEED!)
Each song on the sprawling double album The Beatles is an entity to itself, as the band touches on anything and everything it can. This makes for a frustratingly scattershot record or a singularly gripping musical experience, depending on your view (definitely the latter -- op.ed.) , but what makes the so-called White Album interesting is its mess. Never before had a rock record been so self-reflective, or so ironic; the Beach Boys send-up "Back in the U.S.S.R." and the British blooze parody "Yer Blues" are delivered straight-faced, so it's never clear if these are affectionate tributes or wicked satires. Lennon turns in two of his best ballads with "Dear Prudence" and "Julia"; scours the Abbey Road vaults for the musique concrète collage "Revolution 9"; pours on the schmaltz for Ringo's closing number, "Good Night"; celebrates the Beatles cult with "Glass Onion"; and, with "Cry Baby Cry," rivals Syd Barrett. McCartney doesn't reach quite as far, yet his songs are stunning -- the music hall romp "Honey Pie," the mock country of "Rocky Raccoon," the ska-inflected "Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da," and the proto-metal roar of "Helter Skelter." Clearly, the Beatles' two main songwriting forces were no longer on the same page, but neither were George and Ringo. Harrison still had just two songs per LP, but it's clear from "While My Guitar Gently Weeps," the canned soul of "Savoy Truffle," the haunting "Long, Long, Long," and even the silly "Piggies" that he had developed into a songwriter who deserved wider exposure. And Ringo turns in a delight with his first original, the lumbering country-carnival stomp "Don't Pass Me By." None of it sounds like it was meant to share album space together, but somehow The Beatles creates its own style and sound through its mess.
A piece of history: one of the most creative, inventive, subversive, funny, not to mention impeccably composed, crafted, played, arranged and produced albums of all time. This is the album that sent Charles Manson off the deep end, but don't worry. There is hardly a sinister overtone here. These 30 tracks (count 'em) are a monument to harmony and heartfelt emotion, even where such emotion is sarcasm or parody. By far my favorite Beatles album, and probably the only one to outshine Sergeant Pepper. This rare double set hardly ever comes with the such a low serial number (frankly, we never - ever - expected to hold in our hands anything lower than #00001000). This is your rare chance to grab one such copy. And, oh, did we forget to mention Eric Clapton,who makes his famous cameo on "While my guitar gently weeps"?
Track listing: Back In The U.S.S.R. --- Dear Prudence --- Glass Onion --- Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da --- Wild Honey Pie --- Continuing Story Of Bungalow Bill, The --- While My Guitar Gently Weeps --- Happiness Is A Warm Gun --- Martha My Dear --- I'm So Tired --- Blackbird --- Piggies --- Rocky Raccoon --- Don't Pass Me By --- Why Don't We Do It In The Road --- I Will --- Julia --- Birthday --- Yer Blues --- Mother Nature's Son --- Everybody's Got Something To Hide Except Me And My Monkey --- Sexy Sadie --- Helter Skelter --- Long, Long, Long --- Revolution 1 --- Honey Pie --- Savoy Truffle --- Cry Baby Cry --- Revolution 9 --- Good Night.
For its extraordinary contribution to the modern music, superb production, craftsmanship, fine musicianship, revolutionary significance and influence it exerted on numerous generations of musicians, writers and general public, this album was voted one of top-200 albums of all time in one of the largest poll of critics, music reviewers, professionals and producers ever organized: the poll, which was conducted by Paul Gambaccini, legendary BBC Radio A&R man, surveyed more than 50 top music professionals (including Roy Carr, Jonathan Cott, Robert Christgau, Cameron Crowe, Chet Flippo, Ben Fong-Torres, Charlie Gillett, Greil Marcus, Murray the K., Lenny Kaye, Bruce Morrow (a/k/a "Cousin Brucie"), Tim Rice (of "Jesus Christ Superstar" and "Evita" fame), Lisa Robinson, Robert Shelton (who wrote liner notes for Bob Dylan's first album), Ed Ward, Joel Whitburn, Pete Wingfield, etc.). For more details, see: "Critics Choice: Top-200 albums" compiled by Paul Gambaccini, Omnibus Press, Library of Congress Catalog No.7855565 (or click here for the complete album listing)
For additional historical or discography information on this album, including track listing ►click here
TO SEE IF WE HAVE OTHER LISTED ITEMS BY THIS GROUP OR ARTIST ►
· THE RECORDS:
(IMPORTANT NOTE: unless otherwise noted, ALL records are graded visually, and NOT play-graded!; we grade records under the strong, diffuse room light or discrete sunlight)
(a) WE GRADE RECORD # 1 AS STRONG VERY GOOD+ . CAUTION: This record is NOT MINT or NEAR MINT, but is nevertheless in a very nice and clean condition. There are some surface marks and abrasions, mostly light and superficial, although some may be longer than 1.1/4 inches (1 inch = 2.5 centimeters)
(b) WE GRADE THE RECORD # 2 AS STRONG VG++, JUST A NOTCH BELOW NEAR MINT. A few light abrasions (probably just sleeve scuffs inflicted in storage over the years) ARE VISIBLE, but they appear fairly insignificant relative to the overall condition of the vinyl, and are only moderately visually distracting. For most part, the vinyl looks impeccable, without any MAJOR visual flaws or imperfections. Much of the original luster is intact, and the vinyl shines and sparkles almost like new.
(c) The records are pressed on a beautiful, thick, inflexible vinyl, which was usually used for the first or very early pressings. Usually, the sound on such thick vinyl pressings is full-bodied, vivid, and even dramatic. Do not expect to obtain such a majestic analog sound from a digital recording!
(d) The album comes with the original poster still intact (minor repair noted).
(e) The album comes with the original BONUS PHOTOS and in beautiful condition.
(g) Of course, this is a full-bodied ANALOG recording, and not an inferior, digital recording!!!
· COVER (this is the original, glossy, laminated, cover)
THE COVER IS ABOUT VERY GOOD+ (VG+)
PLEASE NOTE : A professional restoration has been applied to the sleeve which has at some point been split and a small patch of the chipboard was grafted onto the top front side where it was originally missing ( less than ¼ square inch in size) . The repair was completed with great care, so the sleeve is now made whole and fully intact. The effect of the repair is noted on the spine where minor glue residue can be seen. The laminate is in clean order and the other parts of the sleeve (front, left and right inner section of the gatefold and reverse) are also in neat order with a couple of light scuffs.
- Cover has JUST A HINT of ring wear (nothing significant); On the scale from 1 to 10 (1 being the least, and 10 being the most severe), we assess the severity of ring wear as 2.
- Cover has a minor 'bump' (1/2" tear) on the opening side (VISIBLE ON BACK SIDE ONLY)
- Back cover has a few tiny scratch marks (nothing significant)
- Cover has a few tiny wrinkles along the seams
- Cover has a completely split spine (professionally repaired from the inside -- please see the note above)
- The laminated cover has a few air 'bubbles' and wrinkles in lamination (this is a common problem with most laminated 50’s and 60’s covers (BARELY VISIBLE)
- Cover shows some light yellowing on both sides, apparently from aging. Yellowing is also noted on the INSIDE gatefold (nothing significant)
- Cover has JUST A HINT of ring wear (nothing significant); On the scale from 1 to 10 (1 being the least, and 10 being the most severe), we assess the severity of ring wear as 1.
POSTAGE & SHIPPING :
We offer THREE postage rates for both Domestic and International Mail: Media Mail, Priority Mail and Express Mail for domestic, and First Class, Priority International Mail, and Express International Mail for international orders. INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMERS PLEASE NOTE: WE RECOMMEND (BUT DO NOT INSIST) that you select USPS International Priority Mail OR International Express mail when making a payment.
INTERNATIONAL POSTAGE rates vary from one region of the world to another. For SPECIFIC international and domestic postage rates ► . While you can be rest assured that our packaging is careful, sturdy and impact-proof, please note that damage, loss or theft in transit is always possible, and in the case of some countries even PROBABLE. To discuss this potential problem and ensure flawless delivery, please contact us thru eBay BEFORE placing a bid.
WANT A DISCOUNT ?!?
IT’S EASY: CLICK ► TO see HOW!
(please note recent changes in our policy)
FOR OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION, CLICK ON THE LINKS BELOW:
► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►
OUR REFUND POLICY :
WE OFFER UNCONDITIONAL MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE WITHIN 30 DAYS FROM THE RECEIPT OF THE MERCHANDISE, NO QUESTIONS ASKED; Still sealed items MUST be returned sealed in order to be eligible for a refund Some restrictions apply. Please read our complete refund policy before placing a bid. ► for the full text of our policy
FINE (BUT IMPORTANT!) PRINT
(1) The year indicated in the title bar is the year of the original release, NOT necessarily the year of the actual pressing; for the actual generation of the pressing, please see our item description (top section, text in red letters). (2) Please do NOT bid based on the title bar alone; instead, please read the entire description and grading before bidding; (3) Absolutely NO order cancellations after the auction closes. ever, under any circumstances. We can ONLY cancel bids before the item closes. (4) We are unable to cancel bids in the final 12 hours of the auction; if you need to do so, please contact eBay for help (5) We are unable to provide matrix-, stamper- or other pressing information in the final 24 hours of the auction. If you require this information, please contact us well before the final day of the auction. (6) Yes, we DO combine shipments. Please click on "Shipping and Payment" tab on top of the auction page for additional details. (7) All Paypal payments must be made from confirmed Paypal shipping addresses. NO third party shipping addresses will be honored (8) Absolutely NO partial refunds: if you are unhappy with the merchandise you received, please return it for a full refund, postage included (9). Civilized people can disagree without accusing each other of being indecent or dishonest; if you need proof of this seller's personal integrity, please check our eBay feedback, which speaks for itself (10) All disagreements and miscommunications can be - and will only be - solved in a civil and mutually respectful manner; please avoid puerile, offensive, abrasive or menacing language (attempted humor is fine and usually appreciated, although overused-to-death sarcasms can be really, really tedious. (11) This seller will accommodate all reasonable requests and is generally a flexible and agreeable person (12) Our love & appreciation for your trust, loyalty and business, always and forever; Thank You & Good Night!
© 2001,2007 MDJ. All rights reserved.