~by NICK MASON of PINK FLOYD~
UK ONLY RELEASE !!!
~ 3-CD AudioBook w/ 32 page Book
~ Out Of Print
· RARE FIND!!!
· Unavailable in the USA!!
· UK IMPORT ~ Imported From: ~ Great Britain ~ United Kingdom ~ England
· ORION AUDIOBOOKS (ORION HOUSE)
· ISBN # 0-75287-327-X
· UPC: 9780752873275 >
· OUT OF PRINT!!!
· AUDIOBOOK CD's:
· · Plastic holding CD's is in MINT / NEAR MINT.
· · CD’s are in to MINT to EXCELLENT+ Condition
· · Booklet is in EXCELLENT+ Condition.
· · Outer case shows signs of shelf-wear and handling, has a few small bumps and marks
· · Please see pictures... I have tried to highlight any problem areas in the photos.
FREE SHIPPING within the CONTINENTAL USA
AUDIOBOOK -- Read by Nick Mason of Pink Floyd
Presented as a quad fold package, with a hard-backed cover and a thirty-two page booklet, this is a thing of joy and really nicely done. The booklet features selected pictures from the book, along with passages that go well with the illustrations. These combine into what seems a good sampler, or taster, of the full book.
Amongst the photos included, there is a slightly different picture of Nick's early band, The Hotrods, and there are two new Live 8 shots - one, being a fairly commonly seen stage "bow" picture, and the other is one of Jill Furmanovsky's great rehearsal studio shots, showing Roger and Nick between songs.
The purpose of this edition, though, is the abridgment of Nick's EXCELLENT, read by the man himself, with passages linked by incidental sounds and musical passages, and updated with recent events.
Nick's pronunciation throughout is impeccable - not your normal rock 'n' roll drummer. With the Exceptions of a few quotes from others, where Nick makes a reasonable stab at impersonation, the story is read in Nick's measured, dry style. Those who have heard him in interviews will know how this sounds - some might find over three hours of Nick's narration lacking a little drive is EXCELLENT in places, but this is a minor comment when balanced against the nature of the material.
Nick's narration brings the story to some life, and seems to make the people, places and events come into sharper focus than the book.
The only sequence that seems (on the whole) unedited is the newly written chapter looking at the Live8 reunion. This is an absorbing insight into how the whole thing was brokered between the band members, with Roger Waters and Bob Geldof seemingly the chief ringleaders.
It provides a fitting (updated) ending to the story or as Nick puts it "and there, for now, the story must pause..." As we saw with Live 8, there is always the possibility that something else will come along, to necessitate a further update!
New, never before seen, photos of the band both onstage and backstage at the concert. One of the most fascinating rock bands ever, Pink Floyd was formed in 1965. After a year in the London 'underground' EXCELLENT with revolutionary techniques like lights which matched their music, they released their first single in 1966. Their breakthrough album, THE DARK SIDE OF THE MOON, was released in 1973 and stayed in the charts until 1982, the longest a record has ever been continuously in the charts, becoming one of the best-selling albums of all time. In 1975 they released WISH YOU WERE HERE which reached iconic status, then in 1979 THE WALL went to number 1 in almost every country in the world. The movie version of THE WALL starring Bob Geldof was released in 1982, becoming a cult favorite. In the 1980s a rift developed between the band members which culminated in law suits. Only recently have there been reconciliations which have allowed founder member Nick Mason to write his personal take on the band's history.
The landmark British psychedelic band Pink Floyd's founding drummer limns the group, named after two early bluesmen, in a profusely illustrated coffee-table tome. The band's spacey arrangements, instrumentation, and light shows made it famous; the drug-burnout fate of original leader Syd Barrett, who was later institutionalized, helped, too. As Barrett's legend grew, his former colleagues moved the band closer to the rock mainstream and scored massive hits with such albums as Dark Side of the Moon and The Wall. Mason tracks the outfit's progress from the members' meeting in art school a la the Who, the Rolling Stones, the Kinks, and other revered British rockers. He details the band's journey from jazzy R & B to the psychedelic Explorations that eventually dominated its output. Given Pink Floyd's erstwhile association with mood-altering substances, the more recent story of band members' children's covert strategy to score at a concert is particularly piquant. Incisive, and freighted with pictures, this is a lush treat for the band's considerable fandom. Mike Tribby
--This EXCELLENT refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
- 'quietly wise and witty memoir... brave honesty and some surprisingly engaging technical stuff' EVENING STANDARD
Shipping Weight 1 pound 8 ounces
· International Buyers Please Note:
· Import duties, taxes and charges are not included in the item price or shipping charges. These charges are the buyer's responsibility.
· Please check with your country's customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to bidding/buying.
· These charges are normally collected by the delivering freight (shipping) company or when you pick the item up ~ do not confuse them for additional shipping charges.
· We do not mark merchandise values below value or mark items as "gifts" - US and International goverNment regulations prohibit such behavior.